Friday, June 10, 2011

Week 2: Comment #1

Minnesota hosts a technology conference every year, usually around December, the feature workshops on how technology is used in the classroom and also sessions on how this technology affects schools and the legal issues that may come along with them. I would like to take the things I’ve learned and been able to implement in my own classes and share them with the conference goers. I think that it is important to share your successes and failures in the classroom and open up a dialogue that can help you grow as a teacher as well.

Using technology to increase student literacy is something educators should be exploring more than we are. Kids are plugged in, wired - we need to help them gain the literacy skills they need to be successful in this world. Those skills include traditional skills and 21st century skills. My work with Full Sail has given me the tools to take what I’ve learned and done and share it with others so they too can create a technology rich environment to enhance student learning and engagement.

Capture
Screen Capture of Kathleen's Blog



@Kathleen

I found this post super helpful, I also live in Minnesota, and because my CBR project is very specific to my work environment (Educational technology but how to educate workers who support classroom technology.) and there doesn't seem to be a lot of Professional Organizations geared towards this (although maybe I am typing the wrong words into Google, you know how it is.) Anyway this gave me another option so thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment