Sunday, June 26, 2011

Week 4: Reading The Art Possibility

Courtesy of stock.xchng
For this week's reading assignment we read the last four chapters of The Art of Possibility. As we have read the book in class I have tried to apply the practices (at least the ones I think are useful) to my own life.  It is extremely hard, to open yourself in the way that the Zander's suggest, but the thing to remember is that change is never easy.

One of of my best friends has a son who is two, and the thing that he has the biggest problem with is change. No matter if it is going out, or coming back home. There are always tears, at least for a little while. This resistance to change is never leaves us. Even I at the age of 32 have problems with change. That is because it is endemic of the human condition.

This week the chapter I most resonated with was Chapter 10. As I have discussed previously in this blog, I am a big fan of meta-cognition, and the practice of being the board seems to be another mediation on that. I am also believe that it is important to look at  the way your actions have helped to create the current situation, and then if you want the situation to change than you must change your actions. This is also a hard practice to follow if only because it is hard to view your actions objectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment