Monday, June 20, 2011

Week 3: Reading The Art of Possibility

Courtesy of Microsoft Clipart
This week we read chapter’s 5-8 of The Art of Possibility. Last week I was somewhat resistant to the principles we learned, if only because I always inherently doubt self help books. They all claim to be a panacea for everything that is wrong with your life. While I do think some of them can give people useful tools for coping with what ails them. It takes a lot of work to find the ones that are really helpful.

However, I didn't feel as much resistance as I did last week, I don't know what it was, but a lot of what the author's talked about. I really gelled with with a lot of this weeks reading, I especially liked the saying, "There is no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothing." The discussion of the central self, and the calculating self was also very helpful, because I saw a lot of myself, and the way I usually handle things in those chapters. I tend to think to much, and rarely take the time to just be. So, I am now finding The Art of Possibility extremely helpful.




No comments:

Post a Comment