Sunday, June 26, 2011

Week 4: P&L Think Out Loud #2

Courtesy stock.xchng

I have spent most of this week working on the final draft of  Publishing & Leadership Project article, and I have to say that I have had a lot of trouble writing it. Part of it is that while I enjoy writing as an avocation, I do not have a lot of experience writing articles. I keep looking at the Student Example, and trying to get my article to fit the same mold and just end up frustrated.

That is until Mr. Bustillos' email last Wednesday in response to Melany's question, his answer helped tremendously. I realized that I was making things more complicated then they needed to be, and all I needed to do was keep it simple. So I scrapped  pretty much everything I had written and started rewriting. Now, I have what I consider to be a pretty strong draft. I still think it needs a little work, but is any writer ever truely satisfied?

No comments:

Post a Comment